Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Emergency!
Call SERVPRO of Marine City / Romeo (586)336-7373
After any water devastation, safety should be your priority:
- Is it safe to be in your home?
- If it’s safe, shut off the water source.
- Electrical and "slip and fall" dangers are some of the most common concerns.
- Removing the excess water is the next priority.
Even the smallest amount of water damage can cause serious structural and indoor air condition. In order to escape future restoration it is crucial to handle any size water issue as a hazard. SERVPRO of Marine City / Romeo can be contacted 24 hours and responses within an hour to your call. Our trained technicians will answer your questions and ensure the proper drying is started. They will monitor and restore the water damaged area “Like it never happened."
CALL SERVPRO OF MARINE CITY/ ROMEO at (586)336-7373
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (586) 336-7373
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.